Rita Browne is known for creating a welcoming space for her clients to facilitate the complicated and emotional decision-making inherent in both estate planning and administration. Rita enjoys working with her clients to help them find the best solutions for their unique concerns. Her clients remember her warmth and kind words and they remember how she put them at ease during a difficult time.
She handles all areas of estate planning, estate administration, and trust administration. She uses her familiarity and experience with federal and Maryland tax laws to tailor estate plans so that clients’ goals are met while balancing varying tax implications and consequences. Because of her experience in the administration of trusts, retirement plans, and nonprofit organizations, she has a unique perspective on the effects and interactions between various estate planning strategies.
She enjoys working with families and small business owners to plan for their future goals. She prioritizes communication and information with the understanding that answering questions and concerns will help clients feel more at ease with a complicated process.
Prior to joining Sessa & Dorsey in 2021, Rita was an established estate planning attorney with over 8 years of experience in estate planning, administration, and tax law. Before beginning her career in law, she was an Accounting Clerk while completing her second bachelor’s degree at Towson University.
When Rita is not helping clients, she enjoys spending time with friends around Baltimore City, especially the different neighborhood festivals and activities throughout the year. She also enjoys challenging herself with new creative projects by taking cooking classes to learn new recipes and skills as well as teaching herself new artistic crafts and techniques.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 2010
- B.S. in Accounting, Cum Laude, Towson University, 2014
- B.A. in Political Science, Cum Laude, University of Tennessee, 2007
- Maryland, 2011
Awards & Recognition
- Beta Gamma Sigma (International Honors Society for Business Excellence), Towson University
Publications, Interviews, & Lectures
- Presenter, “Estate Planning Basics”, Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, Money Matters for Seniors (2016)
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Law and Taxation Law Sections
- Volunteer with Baltimore Rock Opera Society